Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Oruro, Bolivia

Oruro is in the Altiplano (High Plain -- think really thin air). It was a mining town in its "glory" and now is a pretty ugly and depressing place, with pockets of hope and beauty. The Jesuits have a parish, an Industrial School, where Mr. Bill Noe, SJ, from the Maryland Province is just beginning a two year assignment of teaching applied electrical engineering to young Bolivian students, the Province Novitiate where men spend their first two years of training as Jesuits, and a remarkable Museum of Sacred Art.

But pictures can tell much more than I can right now because it's getting late, I'm tired, and I have a full day tomorrow at the national headquarters of the Fe y Alegria School network. The ones from the museum Fr. Bernardo Gautier, SJ let me take against all museum rules! I hope you enjoy them at http://picasaweb.google.com/Bill.Rickle/Oruro#

No comments: